Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Gold

Get specific eventId from sensor using browser

Is there a way I can use just a browser (no java) to request only a specific eventId (alarm) from a sensor? XML results are fine. Thanks,

Matt

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Get specific eventId from sensor using browser

I don't think so. You would have to open an RDEP connection to the sensor to retrieve an event/alarm. So unless you have a browser that can behave as an RDEP client, and can authenticate to the sensor, I don't believe this is possible.

Gold

Re: Get specific eventId from sensor using browser

RDEP uses HTTP. I can, for example, pull a range events from a sensor using a normal browser with the following URL:

https:///cgi-bin/event-server?startTime=0077590400314257&events=evAlert+evError&maxNbrOfEvents=100&alertSeverities=medium&errorSeverities=error&mustHaveAlarmTraits=3,10-15&mustNotHaveAlarmTraits=2

this much is all nicely documented by Cisco in their CIDEE,RDEP, and SDEE specifications. The question though is can I pull a SINGLE known event from a sensor using an event Id?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content