cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I manage AIP-SSM IPS v6 on CSM 3.1

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

I've been trying to configure CSM 3.1 to manage an IPS module (AIP-SSM) in an ASA 5510. I can add the ASA, which is running V8 software, to the CSM and push policies etc without problem. But I cannot figure out how to add the IPS module into CSM. When I load the ASA config into CSM it dosent see the IPS module, question is should it learn about it automatically or do I add the IPS as a seperate module.

I'm not 100% sure the IPS module is functioning correctly, although I can connect to the AIP-SSM using the session command on the ASA, I'm unable to access it either by ASDM or telnet over its managment address.

I'm not sure of the procedure I should follow to get the IPS into CSM?

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

I think you can manually add the IPS and fill all the necessary details in the CSM. After this when you will try to open IPS manager or any other service, CSM will try to re-import the device. If the re-import fails you should check if the IPS is reachable to CSM via SNMP ot any other method.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card