cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to architect ASA5500 Enterprise

dfariborz
Level 1
Level 1

I am considering to deploy ASA5500 for an eterprise who has only one large location for their external data communications through internet. Do I need 4 (8 for resilient) separate ASA5500 boxes to take care of firewall, anit-X, IPS and VPN requirements. If so, do I connect them in series or what. I could not find detailed deployment configuration examples on your website.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

igzhuhair
Level 1
Level 1

ASA, is an all-in-one box, which provides all the above said features. Please select the ASA model, based on your requirements (throughput, network size, future expansion, etc). One box would be enough to meet these requirements.

You may also need to check the Content Security and Control (CSC) SSM, which provides exclusive Anti-X services. Check the below link for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le29/configuring_asa_pix_security_appliances.html

-zhuhair

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card