Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to update a signature

Hi All,

I am new to ips ASA-SSM-10

First time logged into a ips module.

Can anyone give idea how to update the signatures.

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: how to update a signature

Without licence you have fully functional IPS sensor but without latest signatures - its like running antivirus programm without updates - it can protect you from lot of attacks (using build in signatures, heuristic analyzies, protocol knowledge) but it doesnt protect you from latest attactks...

M.

6 REPLIES
Gold

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

AS of now there is no liense in my ASA ssm

So what is the use of that box now ?

It is doing any ips function ?

Raj

Gold

Without licence you have fully functional IPS sensor but without latest signatures - its like running antivirus programm without updates - it can protect you from lot of attacks (using build in signatures, heuristic analyzies, protocol knowledge) but it doesnt protect you from latest attactks...

M.

Hi,

I have 2 questions :

How can I generate a report on all traffic blocked by the IPS?ASA 10 SSM since it was installed,traffic blocked by signatures.

When I do a sh event it is showing me a blank screen.

In Pix/ASA we have a syslog server that is able to generate all traffic that is passing through the firewall we can generate a report based on that .Is there something similar for IPS?ASA.

Where will I find the ip address of the IPS module .

I am trying to log in from Asdm to ips cant log in as I dont know where to find the ip address .I can log in through the telnet and ssh from the ASA

How can I access the event viewere and where will I know that it is installed to work for which Ip address.

raj

Hi,

Any ideas anyone ?

Raj

To get ip from ssm, log into ssm from asa console with "session 1"

Views
Helpful
Replies