Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDM access fails

I am trying to log into the IDM for my sensor. I have not logged into the IDM for a while but I have not made any changes since the last time I accessed it. Anyway the problem is when I open my browser and type in the IP of the sensor I get the login screen, I type in the ID and password , click ok and then window closes. I have checked my java and made sure it has the parameters configured correctly.

Any Ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

8 REPLIES
Gold

Re: IDM access fails

Upgraded version of java? Try enabled the java console and see if that makes a difference (use the control panel applet).

I have the same problem - did you manage to fix this? I am using Java version 1.4. I noticed when I read the student guide for IDS that it says to use version 1.5 but I think that if I do that then I wont be able to use putty.exe via my Ciscoworks. Any suggestions on how to get IDM working would be very much appreciated!

You need to upgrade to Java 1.4.0.6 or later and re-enter your -Xmx256M for the java runtime settings. Make sure you are only running one version of Java as well.

Hope this helps,

Bob

I am running java 1.4.2 and have entered -Xmx256M in the runtime parameter but still get a blank screen when i try to connect to IDM. Any other suggestions

Which version of Java are you using? IDM needs Jave version 1.4.2_06 or later. Most base installs of windows have 1.4.2_04, which will not work with IDM. Another thing is to make sure you are running only one version of Java, please check in the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and remove any versions earlier then 1.4.2_06.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Hiagain,

Thanks for sticking with me on this one - I am really keen to get this sensor up and running so your help is really appreciated.

I had two versions of Java installed.

1.4.2_10 and 1.4.2_18.

I have now uninstalloed version 1.4.2_10. I will see if that makes any difference and get back to you.

Regards,

T

Hi,

I have uninstalled the earlier version of Java but still no success.

When I try to login to the sensor I get to the prompt box asking for my credentials. I then enter the admin account details and it navigates to a blank page with the following URL: https://172.16.2.70/protected/idm/index.html

It doesnt start up Java at all!

Could this be an IOS fault because I get a few other strange occurences eg when I issue a "show events" command I get no response and the sensor crashes - no prompt or information and I then need to reboot the sensor so that the CLI returns. This also occured when I tried to enter a network for TLS-Trusted Host (it worked for individual hosts though!)

I was wondering if these errors are being caused by the fact were using a 60 day licence.

When I issue a "sh ver" on the sensor it tells me I am using IPS-K9-6.0-1-E1 - I think this could be upgraded but not sure if this is a resolution to these problems.

Regards,

T

Hi All,

I resolved the problem with the IDM connectivity. I upgraded the IOS image and this resolved the problem.

Many thanks for all your help.

Best regards,

T

Views
Helpful
Replies