Views
Helpful
Replies

IDM failed

ugabichipaopao
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco

I made a first setup of Cisco AIP-SSM 20 IPS modules for ASA. Then i tried to connect by https to make a first configuration but during the process i receive next message:

Your correct Java memory heap size is less than 256 MB. You must increase the Java memory heap size before launching IDM. Click help for information on changing the the Lava memory size.

I did everthing according to  help section:

a. Click Java.

The Java Control Panel appears.

b. Click the Java tab.

c. Click View under Java Applet Runtime Settings.

The Java Runtime Settings Panel appears.

d. Type -Xmx256m in the Java Runtime Parameters field and then click OK.

e. Click OK and exit the Java Control Panel.

But result is negative. Can you please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks for help,

BR, Maxim

4 Replies 4

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Mike here, Couple of important questions,

What is the version of IPS you are running?

What is the java version that you are currently Using?

Are you able to launch it from another PC?

Depending on the java version you may need to do a downgrade or upgrade the IPS version in order to work properly

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Hi Mike,

IPS version 6.0(3)E1

Java version platform - 1.6,   product - 1.6.0_22

I can't run it from other PC and I also have the same mistake when i am trying to run it from ASDM GUI (Configuration--->IPS)

It seem to me that I am realy need to make downgrade of JAVA. What version I need?

Best regards,

Maxim

Hello,

Well I wouldnt say go and do a downgrade to the Java, I would recommend you to do an upgrade on the IPS. The version that you are running is very old and there is no more signature updates for the engine that you are running. (E1). Would you please go ahead and upgrade the IPS say 7.0.4 E4? That is the latest.

Let me know.

Mike.

Mike

Really the version is very old and I need to make an upgrade. Can I download new version without service contract? In December i will buy IDS 4255, with service contract, should i wait or you can assist me with upgrade now?

Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card