Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS 4210 downgrade issue

jgtheodor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to downgrade my IDS system 4210, due to expirience performance issues after the latest upgrade to IPS-K9-sp-5.1-4 service pack. Can anyone inform me for the relevant downgrade path?

Urgent...Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

attmidsteam
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried the 5.1(5) service pack? There were some engine fixes when analyzing web traffic on non-standard ports which dramatically increased performance. Also note that recent signature updates have retired lots of signatures to increase performance on the smallest sensors (like the 4210) so try that as well. If that doesn't work, I would open a TAC complaining of performance issues and/or flatten your sensor and recover with a 5.0 ISO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

attmidsteam
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried the 5.1(5) service pack? There were some engine fixes when analyzing web traffic on non-standard ports which dramatically increased performance. Also note that recent signature updates have retired lots of signatures to increase performance on the smallest sensors (like the 4210) so try that as well. If that doesn't work, I would open a TAC complaining of performance issues and/or flatten your sensor and recover with a 5.0 ISO.

I did it. It seems to be working fine with service pack 5.1(5). However in the case that i would downgrade to 4.1(5) what path i should follow?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

Also, I forgot to mention that 5.1(6)E1 is out also.

To downgrade to the last version installed, type:

#conf t

#downgrade

If you wanted to image your 4210 to 4.x (keeping in mind there havn't been any signature updates for the past 11 months), you would need to re-image (loosing all your settings and custom signatures) the sensor with one of the 4.x boot image CD's.

Unfortunately the .iso's for these CD's are not on CCO (that I can find), but there were copies shipped with the sensors (if you ordered your sensor during the 4.x era) or you used to be able to order them from Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card