cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ids-4fe-int 33vs66

garylash8016
Level 1
Level 1

i have been told that the ids-4215 can only have a 4fe66(does that partnumber make sense). i have found that the pix4fe is interchangeable with a pix4fe66. is this true with the IDS? thanks Gary Lash chinsue32@cox.net

3 Replies 3

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The IDS-4FE-INT is the official part number of the card, and only this card is supported in an IDS-4215 chassis.

As you noted, the Pix had 2 types of 4FE cards that it supported.

One of these is the same card as the IDS-4FE-INT part number (the PIX-4FE-66 I beleive). And that Pix part number which is the same card as the IDS-4FE-INT, can be used in the IDS-4215.

So I believe that IDS-4FE-INT and PIX-4FE-66 are 2 Cisco Part Numbers for the same 4FE NIC card. The Cisco part numbers differ because of which product it was sold for.

The other Pix 4FE part number (PIX-4FE I think), however, was an older rev PCI card and can NOT be used in the IDS-4215.

The IDS/IPS software will Not recognize that older card and that older card has never been sold as an IDS/IPS part number.

Hope this answers your question.

thank you for your input. i was experimenting with the pix-4fe in the ids4215 and found that it did indeed recognize it. was able to ping out each port also. thats why i was wondering about the pix-4fe. because my boss told me the same thing. maybe we are misidentifing the card?

If it works in the IDS, it must be the 66 version, as the 33 version will not be recognised.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card