Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS ver 4.x signature upgrade problem

masood4all
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have lead an error " Analysis Engine is currently busy apply update later" while upgarding 4.1(5)sensor with signature 4.1(5)S195. please let me know how to get resolve this issue.

Thanks

Masood

3 Replies 3

jamesand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this was right after a signature config change then it can take the Analysis Engine 15 to 45 minutes to rebuild its cache tables (depends on type of sensor and sensor load). You should also check to make sure the Analysis Engine is still running by looking at the status line in the cli "show version" command output.

If it is not running then reboot the sensor. After reboot check to see if Analysis Engine is ready for updating by using the "show int sensing" cli command. When you get a non-err response then the sensor is ready to be upgraded.

Hello Jamesand,

I have checked all my sensors components r running including Main Application & Analysis engine but surprisingly, when i give the command sh int sensing, i observed that the sensor displayed the message "no active virtual sensor". please suggest me what r the things to b done inorder to update the remote sensor(4235) having current signature 4.1-4-S67 which needs to upgraded to 4.1-5.

Thanks for your support,

Regards,

Masood

Good day prior to upgrading to S195 you need to apply the patches which would be S91 and S189 first after you can applied the most recent signiture updates.

cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card