Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDSM-2 load balancing on inline mode is it possible ..?

Hi there .. I am currenty working on a project and need to find out as to whether etherchanelling load balancing can be configured between several IDSM-2 running on inline mode. The IPS 5.1 admin guide states that it is possible for IOS based switches having the IDSM-2 configured on promiscuous mode, however I have heard that it might also be possible to configure etherchannelling load balance when the IDSM-2 are on inline mode. Any help .. commments will be appreciated .. any links to refer to will be even better

Thanks !!!

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IDSM-2 load balancing on inline mode is it possible ..?

To configure EtherChannel load balancing on IDSM-2, you must install Cisco IOS 12.2(18)SXE and have Supervisor Engine 720. Cisco IOS only supports promiscuous IDSM-2 EtherChanneling using VACL capture (not SPAN or monitor). Refer the URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008055df92.html#wp1044800

Re: IDSM-2 load balancing on inline mode is it possible ..?

Hi .. yes I had already read that article before and that was the reason I posted the question .. We actually got a CPOC with Cisco and they got ethernet channel working for VLAN inline as well which was new even for them ..

Cheers,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content