cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 slow file copy

binelipetrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have FWSM and IDSM/2 module on 6500 switch in my network, and we have issue with file transfer between some machines. When server is behind IPS, transfer is very slow, 40x lower then in situation when server is only in VRF/FWSM - without IPS. Any idea? Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

andrey.dugin
Level 1
Level 1

Check your IPS interfaces load. May be it is overloaded.

In which way can I do it? Show interface command via console only showing number of packets per VLAN group. The same thing via Web GUI - only cumulative number of bytes

Thanks in advance

SNMP statistics, MRTG for example.

You may monitor IDSM2 inline interfaces or switch ports connected to IDSM2.

an overworked sensor can certainly be a cause of problems. The easiest way to determine you sensor's health is to look at the % missed packets and CPU utilization from the CLI:

sh int (%missed pactets)

sh stat host (CPU)

If those don;t look like the cause of your problem, a likely cause is the normalizer engine sigs. These sigs will drop packets it doesn't like and not give you an alert. Check what sigs are fireing when you're experiencing this problem:

show event past 01:00 | include (whatever you're looking for)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: