Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 Upgrade

dinesh.das
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am upgrading IDSM-2 image from v5 to v6 (IPS-K9-6.0-4a-E1.pkg) after this upgrade do we need to go for the Upgradation of Recovery Partition ?

Thank you,

Dinesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The recovery partition will be automatically upgraded to IPS-K9-6.0-4a-E1. The maintenance partition will not be I think. This is an output from an IPS upgraded earlier:

Application Partition:

Cisco Intrusion Prevention System, Version 6.0(4a)E1

Maintenance Partition Version 2.1(2)

Recovery Partition Version 1.1 - 6.0(4a)E1

Regards

Farrukh

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The recovery partition will be automatically upgraded to IPS-K9-6.0-4a-E1. The maintenance partition will not be I think. This is an output from an IPS upgraded earlier:

Application Partition:

Cisco Intrusion Prevention System, Version 6.0(4a)E1

Maintenance Partition Version 2.1(2)

Recovery Partition Version 1.1 - 6.0(4a)E1

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

Thank you for prompt reply.

Dinesh

Hi Farrukh,

what about Hardware bypass, do we need any additional harware (4 Gb bypasscard) or my IDSM-2 does have it by default.

Actually, I am planning for the VLAN pair Inline mode configuration and I am worried about the dataflow during signature or patch update.

Regards

Dinesh

The IDSM-2 has no hardware interfaces. It is internally connected to the switch backplane. I've done signature updates before on this platform without any issues. It will lets packets pass through (by default) when the signature engine is down.

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

My upgradation is copleted sucfuly. and it is working on SPAN with 6509.

but i am not able to create more than one SPAN session on my 6500 switch, is there any limitation, and what about if i want to create more than one SPAN session on 6500 switch.

Dinesh

Have a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/41.html#topic6

Regards

Farrukh

Hi farrukh,

I am trying for Licence from cisco.com, If i clik on UPDATE Liceance from cisco.com tab, one pop up is comming on and massage is ** Sending serial number to cisco*** but nothing is happening for an hours also.

Try to manual process through the CLI then.

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

I dont have IPS service contract to download the licen file and this one is not updated before upgradation.

It could be a problem ?

Without IPS service contr it will not allow us to go for Licencing ?

In my invoice only these two line iteam it thr. WS-SVC-IDSM2-BUN-K9 and SC-SVC-IDSM-5.1-K9, do you think that it should be with IPS service contract like line iteam ---PAK-- ---

Please help me, I am new to this device.

Regards.

Dinesh

saed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Please i need help...I have WS-SVC-IDS2-BUN-K9 ...I need to cover it with service contract that permit us to upgrade and get license...Please advice level of service we need .

thanks in advance

Omar

Hi Omar,

as i know we can upgrade the IDSM with latest one without any license.. but i am not sure about, hot to get the licens without service contract.

I think farruk can guide us on this, but it seems that he is not available since long time....

Hi Dinesh

Sorry I'm on vacation right now :)

You will get a license file once you purchase a 'Cisco Services for IPS' contract for the IDSM-2 blade. Then you have to load that license on your sensor. Software upgrades work without a valid license. Signature updated don't work. They install and then re-install themselves after detecting that no license is present.

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

I am done with the configuration and i kept in Inline VLAN pair VLAN 16 & 166, i created on L2 vlan and 166, and assinged the same to the Virtual interface,

But i am not able to see any logs or blocking, If i keep this vlan 16 on SPAN i do have lot of logs and traffic on sensore interface.

any a Suggestion .....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: