Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

IDSM - Configuration Synchronization

Is it possible to synchronize the IDSM configuration between the two IDSMs installed on the two independent chassis.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: IDSM - Configuration Synchronization

No. You have to either do it manually or use Cisco Security Manager AFAIK.

All customers should push Cisco to give 'real' failover/high avail. support.

Regards

Farrukh

I think it should be OK to do it this way, but just make sure both IDSM's have a diferent hostname and IP Address.

Also if you added the Sensors key to some device (for example during blocking) make sure you add both sensors to the blocking device.

Regards

Farrukh

3 REPLIES

No. You have to either do it manually or use Cisco Security Manager AFAIK.

All customers should push Cisco to give 'real' failover/high avail. support.

Regards

Farrukh

Community Member

If I were to take a backup of IDSM1 and upload it into the other IDSM2, will the configurations on IDSM2 be 100% duplicate or something may fail or get missed.

This includes all the signature settings and fine-tuning other than the default.

Please respond to the same for AIP-SSM module as well.

Thanks.

I think it should be OK to do it this way, but just make sure both IDSM's have a diferent hostname and IP Address.

Also if you added the Sensors key to some device (for example during blocking) make sure you add both sensors to the blocking device.

Regards

Farrukh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content