Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM2 System Image Upgrade

zakid
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Current running System Image is 6.0(1)E1, whether I can upgrade direct to 6.1(1)E2 or I have to go step by step like 6.0(2)E1 and then next. In addition I want to know if I upgrade, the current configuration will lose or not. kindly

update.

thanks & regards,

5 Replies 5

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From Cisco:

"The minimum required version for upgrading to 6.1(1) is 5.0(1) or later, which is available as a download from Cisco.com.".

You won't loose any configs but just keep a backup handy and check the release notes for any particular caveats related to your specific platform:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/6.1/release/notes/17173_01.html#wp1114017

Regards

Farrukh

many thanks.....

Dear after I upgrade from 6.0(1)E1 to 6.0(2)E1 the sensor restart and gone to status other, after a while the status showing powerdown. will you please show me how to rectify.

thanks & regards

Try one of the following:

hw-module module 5 boot 0

hw-module module 5 boot 1

hw-module module 5 boot 2

Whichever works :)

Regards

Farrukh

Hai dear, thanks for your comments.....

unfortunately i have to complete this task very urgent. so I reimage system files 6.1(1)E1. its working fine.

thanks & Regards,

Glad you managed to fix it :)

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: