Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IME for IPS 6.0 version

Hi, iam using AIP-SSM-10 module in ASA 5510.

my ips version is : 6.0(6) and i want to use ips manager express (IME). i tried with IME 6.1.1 and 7.0.2 versions but both are not supported for current ips version.

1.Please tell me which IME will support for ips 6.0(6) version.

2.How to upgrade my ips version 6.0 to current or higher version.

Please send me relevant url links.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. IME version 7.0.2 does support IPS version 6.0.6 as per the following readme file for IME 7.0.2:

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282829584/28797/IME-7.0-2.readme.txt

Only the new functionality in IME, including the health monitoring console, dashboards, and integrated configuration, are only supported on sensors running IPS version 6.1 or later. However, all other features on IPS 6.0.6 is supported on IME 7.0.2.

2. You can upgrade the IPS directly to version 7.0.2(E4) using the upgrade package:IPS-K9-7.0-2-E4.pkg

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. IME version 7.0.2 does support IPS version 6.0.6 as per the following readme file for IME 7.0.2:

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282829584/28797/IME-7.0-2.readme.txt

Only the new functionality in IME, including the health monitoring console, dashboards, and integrated configuration, are only supported on sensors running IPS version 6.1 or later. However, all other features on IPS 6.0.6 is supported on IME 7.0.2.

2. You can upgrade the IPS directly to version 7.0.2(E4) using the upgrade package:IPS-K9-7.0-2-E4.pkg

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. As you said,some of the features are not supported in 7.0 version.

1.which version will support those features also like  health monitoring console, dashboards, and integrated configuration etc .. for IPS 6.0 version.

2.what is the upgrade procedure by using IME.

3.Iam unable to download the upgrade package from cisco site (by normal login). Please suggest me for the package download,

i don't have any Technical Support Services Agreement etc.. Please provide solution.

Please give reply for my above query.

1. The IPS version 6.0 itself does not support the health monitoring and dashboard, hence it would not show under IME.

2.From IME --> Configuration --> Sensor Management --> Update Sensor --> Update is located on this client --> upload the upgrade package from your IME local PC --> click on the "Update Sensor" button.

3. You would need to have Smartnet contract or CCO account for a contract to be able to download the IPS upgrade image from cisco.com download site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card