cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IME under different Windows user profiles

mark.barrett
Level 1
Level 1

From what I gather from reading the IME documentation, IME does not support user roles or multiple sessions. On a Windows-based machine does this mean all users must always share the same IME password, and use the same user credentials to attach to IPS devices from within IME?

Would appreciate any insight from people who might be using IME under different Windows user profiles.

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Mark

Do you need simulatneous multiple access or different people will login in different times (e.g. shifts?)

Regards

Farrukh

I simply need to limit who can access IME on each workstation, and I am not able to have login credentials that are shared by more than one individual. What I'm hoping to do is have more than one user accessing IME on the same workstation, using their own login credentials.

If there can only be a single IME password for each installation of IME, then it seems that anyone with the IME password would be able to login to the local workstation under their personal credentials and get into IME. Once in IME, the devices are available to manage using credentials that have already been entered and may belong to another user.

Hello

You can give permissions to the IME folder (or executable) using the built-in windows file permissions to only select inidviduals, this way other users will not be able to even launch the IME software.

You can also restrict  local machine login to non-admins (this can also be done on a domain env.) and let the users access the machine through remote desktop. To make this work, you would give access to RDP to only selected individuals.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card