cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inline NGIPSv

Daniel Lucas
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASAv with a trunk port-group going to it, and I am looking to move an NGIPSv inline between it and the internal resources. I had some questions I am having trouble finding a definitive answer for.

Does the NGIPS virtual appliance support VLAN bridging? i.e. traffic ingress one VLAN/Port-Group and egress a different VLAN/Port-Group.

Or is creating two separate vSwitches, and having the NGIPS positioned inbetween them the only way to get it inline? (which is how the cisco deployment guide shows it).

-Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

The option  for VLAN bridging is with virtual switching which is not available for NGIPS virtual.

So the only other way is to place the NGIPSv between the vSwitches.

Rate if helps,

Yogesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

The option  for VLAN bridging is with virtual switching which is not available for NGIPS virtual.

So the only other way is to place the NGIPSv between the vSwitches.

Rate if helps,

Yogesh

Ok thanks for the information

Do you know of a guide that shows the steps required to make the NGIPSv inline with ASAv interfaces?

No exact guide that I am aware of - However, this guide basically lays it out, but the VM just happens to be an ASAv
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/quick_start/ngips_virtual/NGIPSv-quick/deployment-ngipsv.html#pgfId-3394506

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card