cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CSA

Shervan Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,I am quite fluent with pix/ios, and understand the fundementals well. I will be installing my first CSA soon. Is the online documentation good enough to get this done?

TIA

Shervan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CSA automatically disables it when installed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm assuming your talking about installing the CSA Management Console.

Installing the CSAMC on CiscoWorks is fairly straight forward. Configuring the CSA policy's is a whole nother thing. Most installations usually take a couple of months to complete even then you have to continue to tune your policys weekly.

Patrick

Buy this book to help supplement the documentation:

Cisco Security Agent by Chad Sullivan. Published by Cisco Press.

It will give you some ideas about setting up a pilot program. As Patrick accurately mentioned, most installations do take a couple of months. Tuning of policies is an iterative process that consumes plenty of time of the beginning but which becomes easier as you get to know the CSA product and how it interacts with your network.

Hope this helps.

Hello

I realise that CSA can be classed as a firewall that is 'signatureless'. Would I however still requre a formal firewall that does rely on signatures, eg windows XP standard or any other 3rd party product.

What about a antivirus scan engine..would one be needed on clients

TIA

CSA doesn't work well with other software firewalls installed on the client. It's network shim does the firewall capability. You should still install an anti-virus application on the client because it will enable you to remove the malware should the PC become infected. CSA will help stop the spread of the virus and keep it local.

Hello, thanks for the feedback

Does this mean disabling XP standard firewall?

TIA

CSA automatically disables it when installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: