Helpful
Replies

Integrating Cisco 4260 into IME 7.0(3)

rcianci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

When trying to add a Cisco 4260 to IME I recieve the following message :

Could not verify config username/password [IOEXception - java.security.cert.CertificateException : The required certificate doesen't exist in the key store.]

Prior to this message I am displayed the certificate  of the 4260 and I accept the certificate.

The Cisco 4260 is running version 7.0.(3)E4 and the version of IME is 7.0.3. I have 2 Cisco 4260 with the same problem.

I also regenerated one of the certificates on one of the IPS and the same condition -  no luck.

The dashboard indicates the the device is there however I have Event Status - not connected. I have tried to Start - Event Connection and I recieve the following message :

Error occurs when start polling event (wrong sensor name)

( I also check the accounts and passwords used in the config and events account definitions)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just got it working...

Instead of simply launching IME from the desktop, I launched IME with the "Run as Administrator" option (Even though I'm RDC'd into the server with my domain Admin account).  Then I removed both IPS devices and readded them.  They started working instantly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

CY1234
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bob,

Can you try to log onto the sensor CLI and regenerate the certificate by issuing the command "tls regenerate-key".
Then re-add the sensor into IME and accept the new certificate when prompted.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

--Sunil

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried to regenerate the key and no luck. I will be opening a case with Cisco after discussing it with my SE.

Thanks again,

Robert

HI Robert,

I have the same issue with IME 7.0.3 and two ASA-SSM-20. 

Is your IME running on Windows Server 2008?

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Yes, IME is running on a Windows 2008 server.

Thanks,

Bob

I just got it working...

Instead of simply launching IME from the desktop, I launched IME with the "Run as Administrator" option (Even though I'm RDC'd into the server with my domain Admin account).  Then I removed both IPS devices and readded them.  They started working instantly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks - your suggestion worked out great. The IPS devices are now in IME.

Thanks for your help,

Bob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card