Helpful
Replies

Integrating Cisco 4260 into IME 7.0(3)

rcianci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

When trying to add a Cisco 4260 to IME I recieve the following message :

Could not verify config username/password [IOEXception - java.security.cert.CertificateException : The required certificate doesen't exist in the key store.]

Prior to this message I am displayed the certificate  of the 4260 and I accept the certificate.

The Cisco 4260 is running version 7.0.(3)E4 and the version of IME is 7.0.3. I have 2 Cisco 4260 with the same problem.

I also regenerated one of the certificates on one of the IPS and the same condition -  no luck.

The dashboard indicates the the device is there however I have Event Status - not connected. I have tried to Start - Event Connection and I recieve the following message :

Error occurs when start polling event (wrong sensor name)

( I also check the accounts and passwords used in the config and events account definitions)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just got it working...

Instead of simply launching IME from the desktop, I launched IME with the "Run as Administrator" option (Even though I'm RDC'd into the server with my domain Admin account).  Then I removed both IPS devices and readded them.  They started working instantly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

CY1234
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bob,

Can you try to log onto the sensor CLI and regenerate the certificate by issuing the command "tls regenerate-key".
Then re-add the sensor into IME and accept the new certificate when prompted.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

--Sunil

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried to regenerate the key and no luck. I will be opening a case with Cisco after discussing it with my SE.

Thanks again,

Robert

HI Robert,

I have the same issue with IME 7.0.3 and two ASA-SSM-20. 

Is your IME running on Windows Server 2008?

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Yes, IME is running on a Windows 2008 server.

Thanks,

Bob

I just got it working...

Instead of simply launching IME from the desktop, I launched IME with the "Run as Administrator" option (Even though I'm RDC'd into the server with my domain Admin account).  Then I removed both IPS devices and readded them.  They started working instantly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks - your suggestion worked out great. The IPS devices are now in IME.

Thanks for your help,

Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card