Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IOS IPS -- SDM locks up when changes applied

Has anyone encountered the situation in the IPS section of SDM where you click on the "apply changes" button after editing some signatures and the SDM applet never finishes from applying the changes.

If I make more than just a few signature deletes or modifications this seems most likely to happen. And not just across a WAN either, I also have experienced it when the router is directly connected to my PC. The browser freezes up, sometimes I get a popup message that "SDM has lost connection to the Router".

Certainly it's unnerving when I make changes to a remote site, I get visions of the Router locking up and me having to jump into the car for an overnight drive so that I can be at some branch office when they open in the morning.

2 REPLIES

Re: IOS IPS -- SDM locks up when changes applied

The simplest and perhaps the first thing I would verify is that you do not have multiple PopUp Blockers running on your PC/Laptop. If you do...turn them off temporarily.

When I run into issues like this with any Java applet based management interface I always make sure that the required version of the JRE is installed and in the control panel the only active JRE to be used by the browser. The other thing you need to check, and possibly update is the version of SDM that you have running on the routers. Make sure you have the latest and most bug free version. So, to recap...verify your JRE and update your SDM version if necessary. I hope this helps.

Re: IOS IPS -- SDM locks up when changes applied

I have a similar issue as well in IPS. A dialog pop's up and I cant get out of it. I have to go into task manager to close SDM completly. My SDM is V2.2a, IOS 12.4.6T, 871W router. This happens from any PC i use. I also have issues applying changes, it acts like it took the changes but if i go into another tab or task it will ask to apply the changes but will not and i eventually just click discard changes.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content