Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPS 4240 Newbie Question

Just got a 4240. I have it up and running, the question I have is about physical placement in the network. I would like to monitor outside the firewall, and set up an inline-pair to block traffic that passes through the firewall. My dumb question is this. Do the ports for the inline-pair plug into the same switch? If so, do I set both of those up as spannning ports? Would I include anything else in the span? firewall port that feeds the lan? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: IPS 4240 Newbie Question

This document provides a hardware/software compatibility matrix for the Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Appliances (4210, 4215, 4220, 4230, 4235, 4240, 4250, 4255), Adaptive Security Appliance Security Services Module (SSM), Router Module and Catalyst 6000 Intrusion Detection System Modules (IDSM-1, IDSM-2). This document also provides an overview of the Management options. A brief overview of each application is provided, as well as a version compatibility matrix. Versions listed in each compatibility matrix are the only supported versions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_tech_note09186a008053183f.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content