Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS 6.0(6) SNMP scripts for Nagios

Daniela Herrera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We are running 6.0(6) on all our IPS modules and appliances as suggested by our Cisco representative. We require to monitor them with Nagios tool but haven't been able to make the scripts we have to interpret the SNMP traps from the IPS.

Is there anyone who has been able to work this out? Or any suggestions for our situation?

Thanks and regards,

2 Replies 2

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Daniel;

I am not certain of the sensor monitoring you are attempting with Nagios.  The following link covers SNMP configuration for IPS version 6.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/6.0/configuration/guide/cli/cliSNMP.html

If you have more specifics of what the scripts are trying to do, please post them.

Scott

Hello!

Thanks!

We are using Nagios to monitor the IPS modules and appliances we have, however so far we are only using ping to verify if it's alive. We would like to catch the SNMP traps that contain health information from the appliance, but we haven't found the scripts for NAGIOS that correctly interpret the messages from the IPS. We are able to configure the SNMP on the IPS but Nagios is unable to understand the messages without the correct scripts.

We've tested a couple of them without luck, I'm thinking it may be the release, that's why I was checking if anyone here was able to get this working on this version.

Thanks again and regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card