Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS automatic update to E4 engine

k.abillama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way for the IPS to automatically download the E4 engine through an FTP server like the signature auto update?

I need the answer the the below scnearios

1- upgrade from 7.0(2)E3 to 7.0(2)E4

1- upgrade from 7.0(1)E3 to 7.0(2)E4 -> In this case the whole SP should be downloaded, I doubt this can be done automatically but just in case there is a new way to do it???

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

- Upgrade from 7.0(2)E3 to 7.0(2)E4 can be done automatically through the auto-update from cisco.com. When you perform the signature auto update, it will automatically update the engine to E4.

- Upgrade from 7.0(1)E3 to 7.0(2)E4 needs to be done as per normal upgrade process, ie: download the upgrade package "IPS-K9-7.0-2-E4.pkg", and update the sensor.

Hope that helps.

Yes sure it helps, but just to make sure, if it can be done through cisco.com then it can be also done through a hosted FTP server

Actually we are hosting an FTP server on which we are regulary updating the signatures set, we were thinking of downloading the E4 engine as well but I guess we'll have to do it for each Service Pack

If you are using FTP server, and if you are already running the latest within that Service Pack, for example: 7.0.2(E3), then you just need to update the engine using this file:  IPS-engine-E4-req-7.0-2.pkg

Got it thx a lot for your help!

Great to hear.

Please always mark question as answered and rate useful post. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card