IPS License and Signature Download Problem

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Equipment list:

SSM-40-(AIP-SSM)

Problem statement:

-License file downloaded & activated on IPS

-Unable to download IPS signature file manually using CCO Account.

Question :

What is the correct way to bind a CCO account to obtain access privilege; inorder to download IPS signature files? On hand: i have the service contract number.

From my understanding:

# Access CCO Account-Profile Manager

# Go to - Additional Access

# Go to -Obtain access to additional service contract(s)

# Input Service Contract Number : xxxxxxx

Please advise, if this is accurate.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

You don't need a license to download signatures. You need a license applied on your sensor in order to apply signature (not OS or patch) updates.

Once a sensor has a license applied, it should need any further license attention (unless you re-image the sensor).

hi there, thank you for your reply.

The license has already been applied to my sensor. I have a requirement to download signatures manually and upload to the sensor.

Right now, i am not able to download the signatures manually off Cisco. Due to the privilege limitation of my CCO account. How can i gain that privilege to download signature files?

Your CCO need privileges to download cryptographic images (include sig files), contact your reseller or acounts team who would further contact cisco entitlement to get this done

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card