Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPS MC: It doesn´t show any signature.

Hi.

I had IPS MC 2.1.0 (Build 123) functioning fine. I installed the idsmdc2.1.0-win-CSCsc336961.tar file in order to solve the CSCsc33696 bug. Next, I installed an update signature for IPS version 5 (But I didn´t has any IPS sensor version 5, I just was checking), but the update didn´t work. Afther it, I noted that I have a big issue: When I try to modify any signature, in the Settings->IOS IPS, it shows:

Object loading failed. Errors occurred while loading the Signatures. Not all signatures may have been loaded.

It doesn´t show any signature.

I erased all the sensors, including the IOS IPS. Then I import one of the IOS IPS and follow the instruction for the CSCsc33696 bug. I reimported the device, deployed configuration, disabled the IPS feature in the router and enabled the feature in order to load the signature configuration, but the issue persist. Then, I installed the newest signature update to IDS sensor version 4 (it includes IOS IPS update) and it installed without problems, but the problem in the sigature page perisist.

I reinstalled the IPS MC, but the problem persist. I uninstalled the IDS MC, and installed again without save the database. It shows the application IDS MC and Security Monitor without configuration, like a new installation, but the issue persist!!!

Someone had this problem? Someone know how can I solve it?

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: IPS MC: It doesn´t show any signature.

The Cisco IOS IPS feature restructures the existing Cisco IOS Intrusion Detection System (IDS), allowing customers to choose to load the default, built-in signatures or to load a Signature Definition File (SDF) called attack-drop.sdf onto the router. The attack-drop.sdf file contains 118 high-fidelity Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) signatures, providing customers with the latest available detection of security threats. For more information refer to following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/prod_configuration_guide09186a00802c9587.html

Views
Helpful
Replies