Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPS on an 1841 vs 3825

I am new to IPS applications and was wondering if there was any difference in the IPS software I have installed on my 1841 router vs the IPS software on a 3825 router I am looking into purchasing. On the 1841 I am using the IOS c1841-advsecurityk9-mz.124-21.bin and on the 3825 c3825-advsecurityk9-mz.124-3j.bin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: IPS on an 1841 vs 3825

The functionality of the IPS software and the signature selection is the same between those two platforms. But IPS processing takes a toll on both CPU and memory. The 3825 will have more of these resources available and could handle a larger amount of traffic as a result.

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: IPS on an 1841 vs 3825

The functionality of the IPS software and the signature selection is the same between those two platforms. But IPS processing takes a toll on both CPU and memory. The 3825 will have more of these resources available and could handle a larger amount of traffic as a result.

Views
Helpful
Replies