Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ips promiscuous and multi vendor

I was trying some of IPS features where I could configure the IPS in promiscuous mode and configure rate-limiting or blocking aka shunning upon certain attacks . Now the IPS can telnet/ssh into the Cisco router/switch and go to specified interface and assign that access-group dynamically upon attack.

Suppose if my IPS is of Cisco and router is of Juniper etc will it be able to do this action ? because this requires specific syntax e.g. access-list 101 permit ..... which would be different in Juniper router

Also if I have an IPS of Juniper and router of cisco will that IPS be able to log into that cisco device and perform that action because I dont think Juniper IPS will have syntax knowledge of cisco equipments

1 REPLY

ips promiscuous and multi vendor

For Cisco IPS to perform ARC Blocking or Rate Limiting, there is a list of supported devices in the IME 7.1 documentation CH 15, but in general the only supported devices are all from Cisco.

For Juniper IPS, you would need to check with Juniper to see whether their system can function in that circumstance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content