cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Signature Export for Audit

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

We have an auditor that wants to see all active signatures from our version 6.0(3) SSM-10s.

Is there any way to export all active signatures in report form? The auditor says he has received this from other clients.

We use CSM, ASDM, and MARS but I don't see any export options that address this.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest method here is bring up IDM and go to the signatures configuration.

NOTE: You can use the viewing filters in IDM to only show signatures matching a certain criteria (like enabled).

Use your mouse to highlight/select all of the signatures.

NOTE: Do not use the Select All button.

Now use Ctrl-C to copy all of the entries.

Open Excel

Select the cell A1 and use Ctrl-V to paste the values into the spreadsheet.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest method here is bring up IDM and go to the signatures configuration.

NOTE: You can use the viewing filters in IDM to only show signatures matching a certain criteria (like enabled).

Use your mouse to highlight/select all of the signatures.

NOTE: Do not use the Select All button.

Now use Ctrl-C to copy all of the entries.

Open Excel

Select the cell A1 and use Ctrl-V to paste the values into the spreadsheet.

Marc,

I had tried the Select All. Works fine your way!

Regards, Dave

Now, if only CSM could do that trick....

Can I used this method to export customer signatures from the IDS and import them into another IDS?

You can use CSM (free 90 day trial) to move custom sigs between sensors. Import the sensor with the custom sigs, make a policy out of the configuration and apply it to your other sensors.

=======

You can use CSM (free 90 day trial) to move custom sigs between sensors. Import the sensor with the custom sigs, make a policy out of the configuration and apply it to your other sensors.

=======

This method works very well, we used it to migrate our sensor policies from VMS to CSM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: