cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS ver 5.x licensing questions

john.stephens
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a reseller/MSS. Most of our customers are still running ver 4.1(5). One of our new customers has an NM-CIDS with IPS ver 5.0(2) already loaded. In the past we've just down graded the version. What are the differences in licensing/registration for the version 5 verses the version 4? I'd like to keep this customer on version 5, and start migrating other customers that direction. I'm just not real versed on the subscription, licensing, or registration issues for support and sig updates. Can anyone provide me some information or a good link to read about it?

1 Reply 1

ovt
Level 4
Level 4

4.1 doesn't require any licensing. If you can get Sig update file from somewhere you can put it onto the sensor without any licenses. 5.0 currently behaves the same way. Look at this link for further details:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Expert%20Archive&topic=Security&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dda563b/26#selected_message

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card