Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

License renewal

Hi All,

I have CISCO ASA with IPS20. I am installing the IPS. Initially I registered the IPS. I didn't received PAK along with the Device. I registered online. It is okay now.

Do I have to renew this every year to get the signatures, like how we do for CSC Modules?

Thanks in advance

RBK

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: License renewal

The signature license is included as part of the Cisco Service for IPS Maintenance Contract. The signature license will have the same expiration date as the contract.

So you will have to continue to renew your Cisco Service for IPS Maintenance contracts. With each renewal you can then get a new license with the new expiration date.

If you purchased your ASA and AIP-SSM (the IPS SSM) as a bundle, then a single Cisco Service for IPS Maintenance Contract will cover the ASA hardware/software, the IPS hardware/softare, and the IPS Signature license.

NOTE: Since ASA hardware/software will be covered by this contract you won't need a SmartNET contract for the ASA.

If you purchased your ASA and AIP-SSM as separate purchases (the AIP-SSM purchased as a spare), then you will need to purchase 2 contracts.

A SmartNET contract to cover the ASA hardware/software, AND a Cisco Service for IPS Maintenance Contract to cover the IPS hardware/software, and IPS signature license.

Views
Helpful
Replies