Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Gold

major problems with 5.1(1) release

I've spend many hours over the last week working on intermittant sensing interface failures on our IPS sensors (models 4235,4240,4250,4255) after an upgrade to 5.1-1a. I even rebuild 6 sensors from scratch using an 5.1-1a ISO image, and 5 out of the 6 have failed. I believe there is something seriously wrong with version 5.1(1). Cisco doesn't seem all that interested in troubleshooting and simpy told me to rebuild my sensors as 5.0 (I have 3 data centers and 20 sensors).

Another fine example of Cisco's fine software development and QA. If I seem bitter, it's only because I am;-)

Avoid this upgrade.

• Intrusion Prevention Systems/IDS
2 REPLIES

Re: major problems with 5.1(1) release

I've also had issues with 5.1-1. Fortunately, I only upgraded 5 of our 16 4255's. Tried everything to work around the issues, but ended up reverting back to a 5.0-2 image, which must be done onsite via console port on the 4255. Only then was I able to update to 5.0-5 and latest sigs. Don't think I'll try a version upgrade again without testing it on a single sensor for a week or so. Cisco still has no fix for this yet. Live and learn.

Re: major problems with 5.1(1) release

Hi,

I have sucessfully re-imaged x2 IPS4255s locally. Then upgraded my IDS/Sec Mon v2.1 to IPS MC 2.2 and Sec Mon 2.2 since doing this I can no longer push signatures out. The IPS MC produces the following message:

The Sensor reports its V version as V1.0 but the MC reports V version.

I have tried to re-import and even deleted a sensor of the IPS MC, I can no longer get it back in!

So something is certainly up with the software.

PS. receiver.exe has started to hog the CPU now as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies