Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management Access

Hello Experts.

We have 3 IPS that randomly lose connectivity with the management IP. We can ping the IP but no access via https or ssh during some minutes. Could this be a problem related with the IPS or with the network itself?

The cpu is high sometimes but the inspection load is really low.

If the problem is the cpu? how can I know what is causing this?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Siddharth Chandrachud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,  I wanted to get some information to better diagnose the problem:  1. How long does the problem last, what causes the problem to go away ? I am guessing you are using IME to manage the 3 IPS devices ?  2.Is there amy proxy between the IME host and the sensor ?  3. You can put the IME host on a hub with the sensor or at least on the  same subnet.  If the problem goes away, it is some kind of network  configuration issue.  Sid Chandrachud Cisco TAC

I do not know what is causing the problem. And yes I am using IME to manage the 3 IPS. Yes there is a proxy. I can put the 3 IPS in the IME and everything works fine however sometimes I lose conectivity with the IPS. Maybe the problem is the proxy.

mkodali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a problem with the network and not the IPS itself as it looks like the connectivity is resumed after sometime. The cpu load on IPS is not a true indicator of load due to the way the threads are designed to process the packets.

Thanks

Thank you very much guys. I was able to find the problem From the switches I notice that there is an arp conflict, it seems that there are 2 host with the same IP. thank u

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card