Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Management Access

Hello Experts.

We have 3 IPS that randomly lose connectivity with the management IP. We can ping the IP but no access via https or ssh during some minutes. Could this be a problem related with the IPS or with the network itself?

The cpu is high sometimes but the inspection load is really low.

If the problem is the cpu? how can I know what is causing this?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Management Access

Hello,  I wanted to get some information to better diagnose the problem:  1. How long does the problem last, what causes the problem to go away ? I am guessing you are using IME to manage the 3 IPS devices ?  2.Is there amy proxy between the IME host and the sensor ?  3. You can put the IME host on a hub with the sensor or at least on the  same subnet.  If the problem goes away, it is some kind of network  configuration issue.  Sid Chandrachud Cisco TAC

I do not know what is causing the problem. And yes I am using IME to manage the 3 IPS. Yes there is a proxy. I can put the 3 IPS in the IME and everything works fine however sometimes I lose conectivity with the IPS. Maybe the problem is the proxy.

Cisco Employee

This could be a problem with the network and not the IPS itself as it looks like the connectivity is resumed after sometime. The cpu load on IPS is not a true indicator of load due to the way the threads are designed to process the packets.

Thanks

Thank you very much guys. I was able to find the problem From the switches I notice that there is an arp conflict, it seems that there are 2 host with the same IP. thank u

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content