Helpful
Replies

Management Interface on ASA/IPS

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I have a 5515x ASA with the IPS.

Is there anything specific I need to do with regards to configuring the MGMT Interface as I know both the ASA and IPS will be configured with a different IP address, although physically sharing the same Management Interface. I know how to assign the IP address but apart from that, are there any other commands / config to do so I can access both the ASA and IPS via their seperate IP addresses?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Tariq Bader
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

as long as you specified the IP address for the IPS management and enabled the managment access to it from the initial setup, that is it. You can access it from the allowed host/netowrks,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/6.0/configuration/guide/cli/cliInit.html#wp1043876

Web access to the IPS is enabled bydefault.

Telent is disabled by default.

The most important thing is to specify the allowed hosts and networks to access and manage the IPS (management access-list). This can be done from the initial setup of the module or from the CLI as following example:

conf t

service host
          network-settings

access-list 10.0.0.0/8

access-list 10.89.0.0/16

access-list 64.101.0.0/16

access-list 10.89.149.31/32
                    access-list 64.102.0.0/16

manjeets
Level 3
Level 3
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: