cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS - inbound packet error rate high for unrouted VLAN

richard.gu
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrade to 4.2.2, we are getting lots of inbound packet error rate high for some unrouted vlan in Cisco 6509. I did some sniff and find that MARS try to get ifInErrors of those unrouted vlan. But the unrouted vlan only support ifOutUcastPkts and ifInUcastPkts.

I just wondering is there some bug in the MARS or there are some kind of database corruption.

6 Replies 6

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

Try this:

go to Admin>Security Monitoring Devices> select the device you have this

issue with Edit it and put Monitoring resources in to no state.

Try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6241/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008075038a.html

It would make more sense for Cisco to fix the problem with the monitoring than to turn off the monitoring function. Why even have it as an option if it does not work?

jevans
Level 1
Level 1

was their ever a fix posted for this issue. I am running 4.2.4 code and having this same issue with 6513.

so is that the final answer on this issue? just turn off monitoring to the affected device or deal with a bunch of unnecessary alerts. could it possibly be anything else, like broadcast storms or loops etc.

Any reason you wouldn't just create a drop rule or modify the inspection rule that is firing?

btw, have a look here to make sure it isn't the same issue:

http://groups.google.com/group/cs-mars-ug/browse_thread/thread/9431fe079f7245ef/f4516dea991132da?lnk=gst&q=ingress&rnum=1#

yup... that was it. i don't have access to actual devices just security monitoring. when i was able to get the clients it staff to look at the logs from the actual device in question it reported no errors. thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: