Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MARS - Oracle TNS listener errors

Anyone familiar with this:

[pnadmin]$ pndbusage

Program aborted due to: ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

MARS was fine before the holiday weekend. When I came back, I was looking at the summary page and the graph wasn't being drawn. I SSH'd to MARS and did the above.

While SSH'd to MARS (and my HTTPS session still open) I did a reboot and I still get the same error. Also, now when I HTTPS to MARS I get a login page, but the url is: https://10.6.184.116/logout.jsp

The username/password fields and login button are in the upper left corner of the browser window, not in the middle like normal.

So, now I have two problems. The first being my TNS listener error and the second being that I can't log in. It wants me to log out first...ugh.

Thanks,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MARS - Oracle TNS listener errors

This sounds like what happened to our MARS box. It turned out cisco had to console in as expert and fix the Database/ patch the database. Open a TAC case to resolve. Or upgrade to 4.2.2.

3 REPLIES
Gold

This sounds like a known issue and if memory serves a developer will need to login and do something, so you'll need to open a TAC case.

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6241/products_field_notice09186a008070fcaf.shtml

This sounds like what happened to our MARS box. It turned out cisco had to console in as expert and fix the Database/ patch the database. Open a TAC case to resolve. Or upgrade to 4.2.2.

Thank you both, that's my problem...suppose I'll upgrade.

Log files that don't purge themselves?

Seems like a silly oversight on their part.

Thanks again,

Bob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content