cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating MC V4.5 to V5.0

Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Could you pls guide me steps required to migrate v4.5 to v5.0 while keeping exiting database, policies and rules.

thanks in advance.

cheers

6 Replies 6

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Muhammad,

You have come to the right place.

Though you will receive a much better answer than "read the PDFs and buy the books on Cisco Security Agent" if you provide a more specific query. There are plenty of gotchas if you don't plan the upgrade thoroughly. For instance this is from the Cisco web site,

"If you are upgrading to CSA MC V5.0 from a previous version, you may want to continue to use policies that you've created and deployed successfully with CSA MC V4.x. Because some configuration items, such as action options and application classes, have changed in V5.0, you cannot do a straight import of your existing configurations into V5.0 and expect them to behave as they did previously."

Here is the PDF:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/csa/csa50/install_guide/Chap2.html#wp961422

These are the books from the Cisco Press:

1. “Cisco Security Agent” by Chad Sullivan. Publisher: Cisco Press, 2005

2. “Advanced Host Intrusion Prevention With CSA” by Chad Sullivan. Publisher: Cisco Press, 2006.

Hope this helps. If you have a more specific query please post it.

Best,

Paul

Thanks Paul. The problem I am having is using webmgr import utility to import migration_data_export.xml file but it says

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\CSAMC50\bin>webmgr import migration_data_export.xml

Error: Error reading file migration_data_export.xml: couldn't open "migration_da

ta_export.xml": no such file or directory

Any thought.

thanks

muhammad

Does this apply:

"You cannot have three CSA MCs installed on the same system. If you already have both V4.0 and V4.5 installed on one system, you must uninstall one MC before installing V5.0 on that system."?

It's from this document:

" Installing Management Center for Cisco Security Agents 5.0"

Hope this helps.

I have only MC 4.5 and 5.0 INSTALLED. I have imported database with winmgr import command.

Anything else to do , how can I push new csa 5.0v client to the remote servers from MC.

Thanks

Thanks Paul. The problem I am having is using webmgr import utility to import migration_data_export.xml file but it says

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\CSAMC50\bin>webmgr import migration_data_export.xml

Error: Error reading file migration_data_export.xml: couldn't open "migration_da

ta_export.xml": no such file or directory

Any thought.

thanks

muhammad

It looks like it does not understand your path to the migration_data_export.xml file. I would move the .xml file and all the .dat files to a directory in the root of c: say called migration, then run the command again from the \bin directory so it looked like

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\CSAMC50\bin>webmgr import c:\migration\migration_data_export.xml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: