Views
Helpful
Replies

Nm-CIDS-K9 needed IOS

dehghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can any one help me on choosing the right IOS for a cisco 3660 router for this module to be recognized by the router.

I think the following IOS would work are these correct?

c3660-ik9o3s-mz.12.4-4.T

c3660-ik9o3s-mz.12.2-15.ZJ

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Using the ios file name which you have provided in ur earlier post i did try cross checking the same in ios download page and the data sheet of IDS module. found the exact feature set it belongs to the support to the ids module.

if u need more details or more info i would better suggest to make use of the ios download page and the data sheet of ids module to find the results on ur own..

regds

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

As per the datasheet ios code with either one of the following feature set is reqd to detect the module.

IOS IP/FW/IDS

IOS IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 56

IOS IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES

IOS IP/IPX/AT/DEC/FW/IDS PLUS

IOS ENTERPRISE/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 56

IOS ENTERPRISE/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES

IOS Advanced Security

IOS Advanced IP Services

IOS Advanced Enterprise Services

As you have mentioned 12.4-4.T Version filename tells that it belongs to this IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES feature set.

So i would suggest to try uploading this onto ur router and check for the IDS module.

Also do a precheck for the requirements on H/W side like DRAM,FLASH requirement to have this code in ur box..

regds

Hi

Does this mean for this module to work I would need IOS greater then 124-4 but only in the T series and (same for the other IOS) for example 124.6T or any IOS like 12.4-5 series.

Thanks

Hi

Using the ios file name which you have provided in ur earlier post i did try cross checking the same in ios download page and the data sheet of IDS module. found the exact feature set it belongs to the support to the ids module.

if u need more details or more info i would better suggest to make use of the ios download page and the data sheet of ids module to find the results on ur own..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card