Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OS fingerprinting pane not populating with passive discover...

Before we go live (in-line) with this IPS AIP-SSM, I just noted a feature I hadn't used before, the OS Fingerprinting. Under monitoring I see no entries. If I go look at it's configuration passive discovery is enabled (am seeing lots of signatures fire in promiscuous mode). There are no static entries defined.

Question: will the OS passive fingerprinting actually populate the OS window in monitoring while the IPS is running in prom. mode - do you have to be in in-line mode for this to function?

(Didn't see anything else to configure to make it work ortherwise...)

• Intrusion Prevention Systems/IDS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: OS fingerprinting pane not populating with passive discover.

This is a known problem with the SSM:

CSCsi52422

Plan is to fix in a future service pack for the SSM.

Until that service pack the "learning" feature for OS fingerprinting will not work on the SSM. You can still use the configure/static option or import form CSA MC option to set the OS entries.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: OS fingerprinting pane not populating with passive discover.

This is a known problem with the SSM:

CSCsi52422

Plan is to fix in a future service pack for the SSM.

Until that service pack the "learning" feature for OS fingerprinting will not work on the SSM. You can still use the configure/static option or import form CSA MC option to set the OS entries.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.