Views
Helpful
Replies

PAK for License Download

aryarahul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to download license file for an IPS , however on the license page its asking for a PAK or Token no.

Where can i find either of them ?

8 Replies 8

David Nehoda
Level 1
Level 1

If you are running a 4510 or  4520, it's simple as long you have a contract.  Using IDM GO TO configuration, sensor management,license

And the serial number should populate the right top window and gives you a option to update from cisco.com. if you don't have a license you can login to support and get a 90 day trial while you figure it out.

Hi, 

Can you please provide details to get PAKs for cisco 4331 and 3850 devices as cisco engineer needs to generate SLR. He asked us to check on purchase order but i could not find it 

Regards

@syedhaq007 

You're replying on a 6 year old thread about IPS on routers, a product that has been end of life for several years.

Please start a new discussion with more details about what you are asking for.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

PAK is used for securely obtains device licenses from the Cisco.com license server if don't have one you can open a case with licensing@cisco.com. They will help you out.

aryarahul
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the replies.

Isnt the license for IPS permanent/non expiry ?

Every License has expiry. There is no permanent IPS license available because there is always one service contract is associated with this.

you have to renew your license every year ---the IPS have a hardware contract and also have a software contract.

The software is a yearly license for sig updates, etc.....hardware--- hardware failure

Ohk..

Is it possible to renew only software contract for getting signature updates

also i read somewhere that the licesne is perpetual

Is it Correct ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: