Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

Performance Comparison - IDSM-4200-ASA

Is there a document that compares the performance characteristics of the IPS 4200 appliances with the IDSM's and the ASA appliances?

i.e. Trying to determine where it makes the most sense to use an integrated appliance and where the decision point exists for using a dedicated appliance or IDSM.

(The ASA uses a combined FW + IPS throughput performance rating, but I have no idea how to break out the IPS performance portion in order to compare with other IPS models)

How is the IPS capability of the ASA (ASA-SSM-10/20) configured, managed, and monitored? i.e. Is the IPS portion of ASA supported in VMS (or the upcoming product CSM), IDM, or ASDM?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Performance Comparison - IDSM-4200-ASA

The following are the support actions of ASA. The security appliance combines advanced stateful firewall and VPN concentrator functionality in one device, and for some models, an integrated intrusion prevention module called the AIP SSM. The security appliance includes many advanced features, such as multiple security contexts (similar to virtualized firewalls), transparent (Layer 2) firewall or routed (Layer 3) firewall operation, advanced inspection engines, IPSec and WebVPN support

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content