Views
Helpful
Replies

Post Upgrade from 4.x to 5.0 to 5.1 questions

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

All, I have upgraded my first sensor 4.x to 5.0 to 5.1. Here is my process

1) Upgraded from 4.x to 5.0 using FTP with this file IPS-K9-maj-5.0-1c-S149.rpm.pkg

2) Installed License Key

3) Using VMS, I went from 5.0 to 5.1 using file IPS-K9-min-5.1-1.zip

4) Now, my switchport is down, down monitoring.

Am I missing a patch?

Did I upgrade properly?

Why is it down down monitoring and not up down monitoring on the switchport that my sensing port connects to in the switch.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You may be hitting a common issue with 5.1.1 where the senorApp process becomes unresponsive. You should not stay at 5.1.1 - you need to upgrade to 5.1.3. If you are seeing this issue then:

1) disable the sniffing interfaces

2) reboot the sensor

3) upgrade to 5.1.3

4) enable the sniffing interfaces

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

This is a 4215 sensor.

You may be hitting a common issue with 5.1.1 where the senorApp process becomes unresponsive. You should not stay at 5.1.1 - you need to upgrade to 5.1.3. If you are seeing this issue then:

1) disable the sniffing interfaces

2) reboot the sensor

3) upgrade to 5.1.3

4) enable the sniffing interfaces

I disabled the physical interface and started the frp process. thanks for the info I will post the results.

I had to reboot the sensor. Then, I was able to upgrade it to sp 5.1-3. The port is now up down monitoring and https access is much better through the IDM. Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card