Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Reg. 6509 IPS Module upgradn

Hi

I need to upgrade the Cisco Intrusion Prevention System, Version 6.0(2)E1 which is a prt of 6509 Bundle (Platform: WS-SVC-IDSM2-BUN ).There are 2 bundles of 6509 and in active-standby .

a)Is upgrade procedure of 6509 Bundle E1 to E3 is different from normal upgradn procedure or is it same like other IPS .As IPS Module is without license can i upgrade it to 6.1(1)E3 or 6.2(1)E3

b)What is the packet flow for 6509 Bundle as i am not aware as to who will forward the packet to IPS Module in this case (like in ASA , firewall wil fwd packet to IPS Module)

d) There are 2 ethernet inetrfaces applied to backplane interface resepectively.If i want to put the module in Inline mode how will i accomplish the same

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content