Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Reset Trojan Sigs to default

When I first began to tune the sensor, I went in with the IDM and turned on most of the older trojan definitions just to see if anything was hiding in the network. I have not had any hits on those sigs for a couple of weeks and I would like to set all the trojan sigs back to default (ie back to retired) in one stroke via the CLI. I am running version 5 of the IDS software. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Reset Trojan Sigs to default

There is no single command that can reset all trojan signatures to their default values. Your best option is to re-apply the lastest service pack (not latest signature udpate) to the Sensor. This will reset most of the signatures to their default values.

3 REPLIES
Silver

There is no single command that can reset all trojan signatures to their default values. Your best option is to re-apply the lastest service pack (not latest signature udpate) to the Sensor. This will reset most of the signatures to their default values.

Community Member

Ok, thanks for your help.

Gold

It's pretty easy using the IDM, but I don't think you can do it using the CLI without knowing the sig numbers. FWIW, I don't think a service pack is going to do it either.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content