Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Security Monitor error message

I am getting the following error message, when i tried to open EVENTS section in Security Monitor of IDS MC 1.2

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Security Monitor error message

I think the problem may be due to any of the following

1.The device has been added to Security Monitor, but is not yet configured to send event data. Configure the device to forward event data to Security Monitor. This condition is commonly seen when you configure Security Monitor for a device that you plan to deploy later in your network.

2.The device has been misconfigured. Make sure that the communication settings on the device are correct and that the events are being sent to the correct IP address, protocol, and port number.

3.Security Monitor has been misconfigured. Make sure that the communication settings in Security Monitor match those on the device and that any credentials (such as administrative account name and password) have been entered in Security Monitor correctly. Verify that NAT settings have been configured properly.

4.Network connectivity between the device and Security Monitor has been lost. Try pinging the device from the Security Monitor server. CiscoWorks contains several diagnostic tools, including ping and traceroute, in the Server Configuration > Diagnostics > Connectivity Tools folder.

Re: Security Monitor error message

We have 4 sensors ..and all the sensors are configured to send the event data and the communication settings are correct and it matches with security monitor settings. I am able to ping all the sensors from the Management Console.

But when i tried to open the " Events" in Security Monitor/ Monitoring section, the following error came:

load: class com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.monitor.evs.applet.JApplet1 not found

pls guid me what to do.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content