Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

Sensorapp continuously failing

I have a recently re-imaged 4255 sensor with V5.1.1 installed. The sensor app continually dies for no reason and I am constantly having to login with the SA and restart the cids process. Any ideas/recommendations?

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Sensorapp continuously failing

There must be _someone_ who is having success with version 5.1.1 or surely Cisco would have pulled it by now?

In any event, My experience with models 4235,4240,4250,4255 is that 5.1.1 simply does not work. I rebuilt all of the above models from ISO and they still failed in a manner consistent with what you have described. My advice is to go back to 5.0.5.

Thanks for the info! Re-imaged the box and it seems to be working fine.

I have seen the sensor app stops working every now and again, in 5.0. However, I have only seen this when the virtual interface had no interfaces assigned to this. The sensor app would run for about 4 hours and stop running. This was also with 5.0 code, I havent seen this behavior in a while.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content