cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Signature Update Problems - 4215 sensor 4.1(4)

soc
Level 1
Level 1

I recently added a 4215 to VMS for management. The 4215 has s172 on it - which I have been trying to upgrade with no success. I am trying to push out s188 to it before I upgrade it to the newest service pack, etc. The problem that I am having is that the signature update process is producing an error. The error that I am getting is: "An error occurred at the sensor during the update, sensor message = Connection failed."

I have restarted the .cids services on the sensor and tried to push the signature update to it again - to no avail. Everything else appears to be working fine and I can communicate with the device using VMS and via SSH. Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I've heard something about modifying or deleting some XML files within the sensor, but I cannot locate any documentation on it. Please offer some suggestions! Thank you for your time!

2 Replies 2

jamesand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One of the common problems with an unpatched 4.1(4) sensor was that during a sigupdate the sensorApp would consume all of the sensor memory causing it to crash or hang the sigupdate. I recommend installing the 4.1(5) service pack and then update to the latest sigupdate.

After update on S189, my IDS refused all connection on ports ssh and https. Help ...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card