cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

solaris and vms23

darin.marais
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to install vms 23 on Solaris. I downloaded CD 1 from the Cisco web page and then used the UNIX tool “unzip” to extract the 3 parts into the same directory. Once all the files where inflated, I ran ./setup.sh from the directory. The installation appears to run correctly up until a stage where I receive the following message on the terminal screen:

COPYOUT_INROOT_MB=0

ERROR: The following base package image is bad: CSCOjre2.

ERROR: Package verification failed : CSCOjre2 aborting.

=================================================================

Finished: Fri May 19 16:42:54 MEST 2006

===============- Software Installation Tool Completed -==============

===================- Possible Warnings/Errors Encountered -===================

WARNING: OS Version 5.9 not supported.

WARNING: Results not guaranteed if installed on this version.

ERROR: The following base package image is bad: CSCOjre2.

ERROR: Package verification failed : CSCOjre2 aborting.

Can someone tell me what the problem is?

6 Replies 6

darin.marais
Level 4
Level 4

There are three files on the Cisco secure download page:

VMS-23-Solaris-CD1-image-part2-K9.zip

Solaris VMS 2.3 - CD 1- Disk 2 of 3 2.3 05-AUG-2005 149458828

VMS-23-Solaris-CD1-image-part1-K9.zip

Solaris VMS 2.3 - CD 1- Disk 1 of 3 2.3 05-AUG-2005 148829048

VMS-23-Solaris-CD1-image-part3-K9.zip

Solaris VMS 2.3 - CD 1- Disk 3 of 3 2.3 05-AUG-2005 96057195

Should I unzip all these files to a single directory or into separate directories?

After unzipping the files, do I simply copy them to a CD?

Where can I find the instructions required to build a working CD from these files?

Please help!

desperate - is there no "solaris dudes" out there that can help answer this trivial question for me?

Darin, it "should" be the same process to unzip the files as it is for the Windows version. Your decompression program should recognize that all three are part of a single image (Winzip does this). Perhaps the UNIX tool doesn't know how to do it properly. Have you tried a different tool?

Hope this helps..

Tom S

Hi Tom, many many thanks for you reply. zip files that include multiple parts usually are marked with an extention of z01, z02, zip etc>>

And then what? Do you just copy the files to a CD and hope that the Solaris understand the file format that you have chosen. It all sounds like trial and error to me. I am no Solaris guru but what happened to great tools like tar, gzip etc.

On one occasion while I was unzipping the files using wizip 8.1, it prompted me to overwrite files. The error said that the file already existed in the directory and would I like to overwrite it. Usually you would like to avoid this type of thing.

It would be far easier if it where a cd image of sort.

Hi Darin, I agree that having an .ISO image would help.

I used Winzip 9.0 to extract the files to a single directory and was prompted only once to replace coreCMFRoleMap.xml (I think that was the file). I did not try to install it because I don't have a Solaris server. It may be your unzip options are not set to use folder names?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Tom S

That is exactly the file that I was prompted for. Thank you for your help. Your information is very useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card