cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

string.tcp on ipsmc22 error

darin.marais
Level 4
Level 4

I am using ipsmc 2.2 on CiscoWorks VMS server and whilst in the 4.X signature configuration engine, if I try to open any of the parameters for sting.tcp engine I receive the following error:

“Object loading failed. An error occurred while trying to load the list of contexts”

Does anyone else have this problem?

5 Replies 5

m-hansson
Level 1
Level 1

I posted this issue recently in this post:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=Intrusion%20Prevention%20Systems/IDS&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dda1f12

For me the error occures only when attempting to modify a signature in the Context of a group (i.e. the global group). I am able to tune signatures on a sensor level. However, it's still a bug.

I guess Cisco ain't going to fix this issue since the 4.x branch is unsupported in sep-06.

bernhard
Level 1
Level 1

Try reimporting the sensor. This will read the meta files for the sensor and place it in the MC database. If the meta data is not in the sensor database, then you'll see this error.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunatly it did not help, still unable to tune most signatures on group level.

i had redo the entire installation in order to resolve the problem but i did not restore the db. i recreated the configuration and all of the ajustments from scratch.....

I am still experiencing this error message even after a complete reinstall.

Is there anyway to check if the correct meta data files are installed?

The problem with the solution to re-import the sensor is that after that you are unable to globally manage the signatures from that device. i.e. A change in the signature parameters made at the group level on the vms will not be reflected on that imported sensor as the signature is owned by the sensor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card